5.21.2012

[Guest Blogger: Sara] Shopping is a Group Sport.

I am spreading the blog love.  My first official Guest Blogger is none other than my BFF and playgroup co-leader, Sara.  We met over six years ago at our first playgroup when our boys were just weeks old.  She is as sweet as molasses, and I don't know how I would survive this crazy ride through motherhood without her. 
-Mollie
Take it away, Sara...


Waist-Cinching Romper, Anthropologie
shoes, Kelly and Katie via DSW
Birdwhistle necklace, Madewell
Give a Hoot bracelet, Francesca's





Last week, I went to the Tucson Anthropologie by myself and found this totally cute romper in the sale room.  Every time I see a romper I think - that would look awful on me.  You see... I'm a tall girl.  5' 8."  Barefoot.  Add some heels and I tower over people.  Rompers are made for 4 year olds with cute little bodies - not giants.  But lately, this blog has encouraged me to take some fashion risks and step out of my box just a little bit.  So I tried it on.  It was cute, and a bargain at only $29.99, but I just couldn't convince myself to buy it.  Where would I wear it?  Would my husband make fun of me?  Is it appropriate for anyone over the age of 30 to wear this?  You know that conversation.  You've had the same one in a dressing room a hundred times.  So I left this baby behind and continued on with my day.  

The next thing I knew I was off to Girls Weekend in Scottsdale with my BFF (the writer of this blog) and her sister.  Super fun weekend with lots of dining out, lounging poolside and shopping.  Low and behold, we ended up at Anthropologie in Scottsdale.  And there it was again - the Moss Green Romper of my dreams.  So I tried it on again with the encouragement of the girls.  They loved it and now it was marked down to $19.99!  I decided it was fate and bought the romper.  I wore it out to Geisha A Go-Go for a sushi dinner with the hipsters of Scottsdale (trying not to feel self-conscious the whole time).  And you know what?  I think I pulled it off.  


As I look back on the evening, I have decided 3 things: 
1. Sometimes we need to let go of our insecurities and live a little.
2. My legs still look pretty good for a 35 year old with 2 kids. 
3. Shopping is a group sport.  Sometimes you just need a little encouragement from your girlfriends.  

So go out today and buy yourself a romper.  You'll be glad you did.
Just make sure you bring your girlfriends!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment