1.17.2012

Factory Girl

Eye Makeup inspiration:
Edie Sedgwick, 1965 screentest
Edie Sedgwick.  Tragic "it girl" of the 60's and inspiration for the movie Factory Girl.  Like Edie, I never leave the house without a few dozen coats of jet back eyeliner and mascara.  These products are my latest raves.  
Master Drama Eye Studio eyeliner in Midnight Black, Maybelline
Eyelash Expert Tools eyelash curler, Maybelline
Benefit They're Real! mascara in jet black, Sephora
Sephora Collection Professional Heated Lash Curler, Sephora
After my face is prepped and primed, it's time for Factory eyes.

Step 1.
Line upper lids with Master Drama Eye Studio eyeliner in Midnight Black by Maybelline.  It goes on smooth like a crayon, but sets like a liquid.  Once set, it doesn't smudge and lasts forever.  You may need an act of God to wash it off your face.  Tip: I use Pampers Sensitive baby wipes to remove.  They are cheaper than eye makeup remover pads, and are plentiful in my house.  

Step 2.
Turn on Sephora Collection Professional Heated Lash Curler to start warming up while you work on your lashes.  Crimp eyelashes with your trusty drugstore eyelash curler.  

Step 3.
Apply a coat of Benefit They're Real! mascara in jet black.  I have 3 blonde eyelashes per eye and I'm obsessed with fattening them up.  Santa put this in my stocking and it is one of the best mascaras I have ever used.  So worth the $22.  Super fattening, lengthening, and lasts all day.  You never need to reapply.  (But if you do, beware of spider eyes.)

Step 4.
Use the Sephora Collection Professional Heated Lash Curler to "set" your lashes.  My lashes are straight as an arrow and I wonder how I ever lived without this new tool!  There are some tutorials and reviews on YouTube I checked out first.  Basically, you just comb your lashes through in the direction you want them to go; up and out towards the outer corner of your eyes.  The heated curler melts or softens the waxes in the mascara and then as it cools, it sets your lashes for the day in a curl.  It's magic!

There.  Now you too can look like a strung-out socialite of the 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment