6.14.2012

Yay me!

Winding Rope tank, Anthropologie
(cute little button courtesy of the Bud to Bloom dress, Anthropologie)
Smocked Button-front Denim skirt, Old Navy
Embossed Gladiator sandals, Steve Madden
Itty bitty bow earrings, Anthropologie
Silver Heart Tag bracelet, Tiffany & Co.
Original Wayfarer sunnies, Ray Bans
Maybelline lipstick in "Eternal Rose" 


I'm not sure if gladiator sandals are still considered en vogue.  
But I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes.  They are.


Obligatory look-at-your-shoes-blogger pose.
That's what the popular girls do.


Someone told me to own my blog voice, and quit all the self-deprecating talk.  And by someone, I mean my sister.  She might be my baby sister, but she's awesome at kicking my emotional ass sometimes.

I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate well via blog.  I would definitely characterize myself as a pretty confident person.  Some even might go as far as calling me a "know-it-all."  And by some, I mean my best friend.  When we first met at cheerleading clinics way back in 1998, I did not make a good first impression.  Well, the jokes on him.  He ended up marrying this little smarty pants.

My mom tells me I have a chip on my shoulder that I need to keep in check.  True.  I can be obnoxious, and unapologetic at that.  But my confidence has been a source of some amazing accomplishments in my life.  So sometimes it's good to toot your own horn.

But I'm fully aware of the fine line between self assurance and being full of oneself.  Confidence can quickly turn into cockiness.  But on the other hand, humility can also lead to devaluing oneself.  And meekness is never in style.          

So, I guess the moral of the story is this:   

I'm Mollie.  I am proud of my little blog.  And I look freaking cute today.

1 comment:

  1. You do look freakin cute! You've inspired me to buy some of these cute skirts - I would so rather wear a flowy skirt than a pair of shorts. I have one jean one so far. And I should really try some brighter lipstick - I usually sport a nude tone - boring!

    ReplyDelete